SELLING YOUR HOME? LET'S GET STARTED.
We begin by matching your objectives and priorities with the process of marketing and selling your house.
The first three steps towards selling your house are:
- Clarifying and prioritizing your expectations.
- Defining the story of your house and neighborhood.
- Agreeing on a process and how you and your agent will work together.
Let’s review and prioritize the following topics to help us understand what’s most important to you in the sale of your property.
- Communication: How often do you prefer to talk with your agent? What’s your preferred method for communicating?
- Motivation: Why are you selling your home at this time?
- Time Frame: How soon must you sell your home?
- Price: Within what range do you expect to sell your home?
- Homeselling Decisions: Tell your agent about other possible factors affecting your decision to sell now.
- Marketing Plan: What aspects of marketing and advertising your home most interest you?
- Previous Homeselling Experience: What was the most important thing you learned the last time you sold your home?
- Relocation Assistance: Are you curious about home buying options in your new location?
DEFINING UNIQUE SELLING POINTS
Let’s discuss how we’ll market its special features and location in the surrounding neighborhood.
- Most Appealing Features: What attracted you to buy this home?
- Differentiating Features: What makes this property unique from similar properties?
- Updates and Renovations: Have you made any improvements to the property since you bought it?
- The Neighborhood: What do you regard as the most attractive features of the surrounding neighborhood?
- Special Terms or Conditions: Do you have any issues regarding the sale of your property I should be aware of (e.g., items of personal property to be excluded, items which must be disclosed to prospective buyers, etc.)?
- Potential Enhancements: What changes would you suggest to make your property as salable as possible?
Selling a house typically includes the following elements. Your Realtor® will be your resource and guide throughout this process.
Clarify your needs and expectations.
Review selling process, initial market evaluating strategy.
Interview agency choices.
Select appropriate representation.
Design and Implement Marketing Plan
Complete home enhancement recommendations.
Schedule marketing activities.
Show the property to brokers and prospective qualified buyers.
Communicate sales status and marketing activities.
Optimize marketing and pricing as necessary.
Review Offer and Reach Agreement with Buyer
Receive and review offer from Buyer’s real estate representative.
Discuss and clarify proposed terms and conditions.
Negotiate; consider counter offers.
Reach final agreement.
Complete CLOSING Process
Deposit of Buyer’s earnest money.
Initiate title search, deliver preliminary title report to Buyer.
Resolve remaining contingencies.
Conduct final walk-through with Buyer
Initiate loan funding/balance of funds from Buyer.
Buyer takes possession of property.
Help you find your next home.
Assist you with relocation, if needed.